POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First scene : First scene Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  First scene
From: pascal
Date: 29 Jul 2002 16:09:36
Message: <3d45a100@news.povray.org>
Well, obviously not ready for the irtc top 10 ...

I am just (re)discovering this marvellous piece of Software named PovRay ,
and I must say that until now it masters me more than I master it ...
(previous try was 1994, time flies ...)

A big THANKS to the PovTeam, and to all the community for all the online
resources,
and cg masterpieces, available to the newcomers.
 When I downloaded Povray, Gilles Tran's "Wet bird" was on the Hall of Fame
display. Could not
believe it was made with a ray tracer ...

Image rendered in 8.0 seconds (but it took me approx 48 hours to design it
... please don't laugh)

The teddy is a CSG approximation of my daughter's favorite, textured using
Rune S. Johansen's furtex macro.
The moon is an image_map from an Appolo photo, the sky is a (surprise!)
sky_sphere,
stars are small spheres with high ambient randomly placed using a #while
loop.
The butterfly is Micha Riser's buterfly.pov code.

I still need to understand how sky_sphere really work, did not succeed in
making the sky I wanted ..
How do you make a nice sunset sky ??

All in all, t'is fun so far ...

--